bassinets and 200 beds, Thailand Adventist Hospital
is also known by Thais as the Thailand Mission
Hospital. The general hospital is in Bangkok, is
operated and also owned by Seventh Day Adventist
Church’s Christian Medical foundation.
Mission Hospital is part of the Adventist healthcare
network and one of the Thailand’s private hospitals
that got the hospital accreditation.
Thomas Hall, founded the hospital in 1937, and it
was operated by Nai Pleng Vitiamyalaksna, Doctor
Ralph Waddell and his wife and by the pastor Kon
30 beds were
added in 1940 and the hospital was known as Annex. After the
World War II started in the South-East of Asia, Annex was
closed, the missionaries living Thailand. A part of
the hospital continued to operate with Nai Pleng,
Doctor S. Bene – a physician from Romania and a
medical assistant. The missionaries returned in 1946 when
the hospital became the Bangkok Sanatorium and Hospital.
The next year the Adventist Hospital
School of Nursing was opened in Bangkok.
Bachelor in Nursing was accredited in 1986 and after
one year the Mission College was formed of the
nursing school and the SAUC (the South-East Asia
The Ministry of University Affairs
accredited the Mission College in 1994 and the Royal
Thai Government offered the Mission the university
status in August 2008, the same year when it was
renamed as the AIP (the Asia-Pacific International
The campus of the AIP hospital includes
dormitory, library and classroom as well as clinical
nursing services inside the hospital. In 1958 the
Nursing school and the Midwifery School has their officially
opening while the beds’ number was of 180. The Bangkok
Adventist Hospital name was adopted in 1973 and the Ralph
Waddell wing was added 10 years later.
More, a new building – Pleng Vitiamalaksna –
was opened at the facility’s 50th anniversary,
offering beds for Pediatrics and Obstretics as well as
auxiliary services. Mission Helth Promotion was launched in
1990 with a capacity of 60 beds, in the Saraburi Province.
2003 the hospital treated about 180.000 patients and
received around 6000 outpatients. Now, the Thailand
Mission Hospital has 90 medical personal and 410
employees. Not only the Thailand Mission Hospital
treats and accommodates patients but it also has a
mobile clinic with an x-ray unit very used in
diverse charitable medical acts. ‘Come feel the
difference’ is Thailand’s Mission Hospital’s slogan.
refer to the difference in good, food, equipment,
services, physicians’ qualification, spiritual
the love of God through innovative healthcare’s
delivery’ is the declared mission of the hospital.
Among the services offered
by the Thailand Mission Hospital are: surgery, dental,
radiology, acupuncture, internal medicine, emergency,
allergy, imaging service, pastoral care, skin and beauty,
asthma service, cancer care, pharmaceutical,
cardiopulmonary, ear, throat and nose, diabetes, home care,
obstetrics and gynecology, laboratory, neurology, special
procedures, children services, cosmetic surgery, nephrology,
men’s health, orthopaedics, occupational medicine, family
practice, ophthalmology, rehabilitation service,
gastrointestinal care and skilled nursing care.